Game development with Unity
Unity is a cross-platform game engine developed by Unity Technologies, which is primarily used to develop video games and simulations for computers, consoles and mobile devices.
This course teaches you to develop games with Unity step by step by diving into all the core basics, exploring tons of examples and also introducing you to advanced concepts as well.
If you’re new to game development, this course is for you. We will start learning from the very basics of Unity and then gradually move forward with the advanced concepts in detail. This course will cover all the aspects of Game Development from game design to all the way to building final product.
Welcome to “Game Development with Unity”!
This course will teach you game development with unity in a practice-oriented way, using all the concepts and components of game design and development. You will learn all the key fundamentals as well as advanced concepts and related topics to turn you into a unity game developer.
This is a comprehensive course consisting of 2 modules in which you will learn the basic as well as advanced topics through hands-on learning. No matter if you know nothing about game development, you will get tons of useful information and knowledge out of this course!
My goal with this course is to ensure that you feel confident working with Unity, so that you will be able to create exciting games on your own.
What's in this Course?
This course consists 2 modules:
Module 1 – Getting started with Unity:
In this module you will:
- Have an Introduction to game development and Unity.
- Learn about the scope of applications you can develop with Unity.
- Install Unity and add build support for multiple platforms through Unity HUB.
- Create a Unity 3D project and will have an understanding the interface.
- Learn about the uses and purposes of the different windows inside Unity Editor.
- Learn about Unity’s GameObjects; how to create, edit, delete and interact with them inside unity editor as well as from the scripts.
- Learn about game Components in Unity.
- Have a deep understanding of some of the built-in unity components, such as Transform, Camera, Renderers, Colliders, and Rigidbody.
- Create custom components and add functionality on GameObjects through them.
- Add, delete and manipulate the properties of the components through scripts.
- Learn about Game Assets; how to create, import and manage them.
- Learn about C# scripting in Unity.
- Have an introduction to MonoBehaviour and UnityEngine.
Module 2 – A deeper dive
In this module, we will create a 3D Endless Runner game from scratch and in that project we will:
- Import some environmental asset packages from Unity Asset Store.
- Design the game environment.
- Design and implementation of the logic to create infinite roads.
- Import character and its animation from MIXAMO.
- Animate player character in Unity using the animator component.
- Create input mechanism for controlling player movements and animation states.
- Spawn multiple random obstacles in the path of the character.
- Create a User Interface and attach functions to the buttons.
- Create a script for the camera to follow the player.
- Setup lighting in the game scene.
- Add visual effects in the scene and understand particle system in unity.
- Learn about the concept of Enumerators and Coroutines.
- Add music and sound effects in the game.
- Learn about controlling the audio from the script.
- Load and save player score and game settings.
- Create a logic to gradually increase the player speed.
- Build the executable application of the game for windows and android platforms.
This really is the “Complete Guide” – promised!
And best of all?
You don’t need any prior Game development knowledge!
This course starts with zero knowledge assumed! All you need is a passion for making games.
What you’ll learn
- Create game design and environments.
- Build complex physics and game mechanics.
- Accepting keyboard and mouse input.
- Creating user interface.
- Setup lighting and visual effects.
- Adding audio and sound effects in your game.
- Loading and saving mechanism for games.
- Coding game logics with C#.
- Building the application for multiple platforms.
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- Fundamental concepts of C# programming are necessary.
- Thorough understanding of OOP and data structure concepts are a plus.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who has a passion for making games and create interactive 3D applications.
- People who like to explore Unity as a cross-platform application development engine.
- Students who want to start their careers in not only game development but also in Augmented and Virtual reality application development.
Login to enroll the course
and start learning!
Module 1: Getting started
This lecture consists of an overview of what we are going to learn in this course.
In this lecture, we will be installing the latest version of Unity along with the build support for multiple platforms. Also, we will create our first project in Unity.
In this lecture, we will learn about different types of game objects and discus the usage of some unity built-in components.
In this lecture, we will learn about different types of unity built-in components.
In this lecture, we will learn how to create, edit and attach a Unity C# script to a game object. Also, we will have an introduction to MonoBehaviour and UnityEngine
In this lecture, we will learn to create, import and manage the game assets.
Module 2: Let’s make a game
In this lecture, we will discuss about the game we will be creating during this module.
n this lecture, we will be animating our game character and other objects.
In this lecture, we will be creating scripts to control our game character from keyboard inputs.
In this lecture, we will create a user interface for our game.
In this lecture, we will learn how to create particle effects and use it in our game.
In this lecture, we will learn how to add music and sound effects into our game.