Design For Non Designers
This course is focused on understanding the basic concepts and terms used within graphic designing so that you can better understand the design process and also be equipped with the understanding to communicate your design needs and requirements in a clear and effective manner.
With this course you will be able to gain an understanding of the basic elements of design, their significance and where they are used. You will also be able to learn the basics of typography and a few pointers on selecting typefaces as well as an understanding of color theory. You will be able to grasp the underlying principles used to select color palettes and why it is of importance when creating design. Moreover, we will also be going over the principles of design which will guide you in understanding why people perceive things the way they do and how to use these principles of visual perception to convey your message in a piece of design work.
My goal with this course is to ensure that you feel confident working on design projects and be able to collaborate with designers without any communication gap and be able to express your requirements or feedback in a more constructive and effective manner. If you are considering learning the basics of design or work with designers on a regular basis and wish to increase your knowledge on the subject this is the right course for you!
What's in this Course?
- Elements of design
- Basics of Typography
- Color Theory
- Gestalt Principle
- Principles of Design
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- No system or technical requirements
- No softwares are covered in this course. It is focused mainly on design theory
- No prior design knowledge required as everything is taught from the scratch. All topics are covered in detailed.
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to learn about graphic design and its essentials.
- Designers who want to review and strengthen their basics.
- Professionals who work with designers and want to gain a better understanding of the process for better project communication.